Friday, May 25, 2007

Found a House-NOT!!

Well, we spent all of yesterday looking at house with our real estate agent Shirley. She is totally terrific, btw!!! (B was at work, so the girls and I spent the day with driving all over the place, with her.) We looked at 8 or 10 houses I think...and found one that I LOVE the floor plan of, and love the gorgeous natural light the large windows bring in. But when B. met us there after work, to look at it, he didn't like it. He said he also liked the floor plan, master down, formal dining room that could easily convert into a studio, 3 large bedrooms up stairs, plus a HUGE bonus room up.....breakfast nook, and family room down...but he thought the cabinets were too short, didn't like the counter tops (he wants corian), and the floors in the kitchen and nook were only vinyl (we want wood)...(I knew these would be a problem but I figure they could be upgraded) The driveway has some issues...poor drainage too....but the house was a corner lot..which was nice...but the biggest problems were that B didn't like the neighborhood. No sidewalks, no amenities..(no pool, no walking trails) etc..and hardly any trees. SO, we keep looking.No biggie. The house that HE likes, in in a neighborhood I adore..but I don't like the floor plan of that house...it's set up sorta dumb...the dining room is down the hall from the kitchen, and the family room with the fireplace is off the kitchen (flows into it). I thought at first I could close off the formal living room, for a studio, and then make the dining room the living room..and the family room the dining room (cuz you know it's RIGHT there by the kitchen!) but then there would be a fireplace in the dining room, which I think is dumb. So that house is out too. Oh well, we havnen't sold our house yet anyways...and the right house is out there for us...somewhere....lol

1 comment:

Photocat said...

I am sure it is out there... Keep looking!
Good luck with the hunt...