Friday, May 25, 2007

flight to sc

We landed in Charlotte on Wednesday (B's birthday) We had the MOST fun on a flight I've ever had!! LOL Our flight attendant was named James,and he had us crackin up most of the flight. He started out by asking E (who was sitting behind K and I) if she was going to be a trouble maker, and if he had to keep a special watch on her...course, she has had no experience with this kind of behavior and had NO idea what to say...she just sorta laughed and said..."uhh, no..." :0) We had gotten up at 5am to catch a ride with our friend Mike E. to the airport. (He dropped us on his way to work) and I didn't get to sleep til after midnite, so I was pretty tired, I decided to catch a nap on the plane. Before we had taken off, I had my pillow in place and eyes closed...James starts the safety info, and just before he says his second line he says "Oh, there is a no sleeping on this flight before take-off. If you do nap before that there is a $5.00 fee." and he goes on with his safety speech. I open my eyes and look at him (did I mention we were sitting in the second row? LOL) and said "I'll gladly pay you the 5 bucks, do you take monopoly money?" Everyone around us laughs, and I close my eyes again. He starts to go on, and says "And there will be a short quiz on the safety instructions after I'm done..hope you all brought your number 2 pencils" More laughter. He finishes up, then comes down the isle checking on the passengers, and he stops at our seats and says "Are you ready for the quiz?" I said "Sure....whatcha got?" His asked me to tell him the row number of the emergency exits. I thought he asked where the exits were...so I tell him they are at the front and over the wings...(see I WAS paying attention..lol)
course, I didn't answer the question he asked...and for anyone who wants to know..the exit row is in aisle 8. LOL He of course, gives me an F. grin...He asks a few other passengers questions too...then goes up to start the beverage service. When he gets to our row, he asks me another question...How many exit signs are there on the plane....You KNOW I got that one wrong too. so he tells me I get NO beverages as penalty... then he asks me what kind of drink I want, and hands me a coke. Bwa haa haa...He banters with several other passengers,including K and E. After the drinks are finished, he is at the front of the cabin, and starts to get ready for the descent. (it's a short flight) and he asks the lady in front of us "You know, I have all this stuff up here I have to get done, and cleaned up...you know what that means right?" He's holding a big trash bag in his hands...the lady shakes her head no, and laughs. So he turns to the man seated next to her, and asks him to gather up the trash from the passengers. He also says NO. Next he looks at K, and asks her..."How bout you?" at the same time she is raising her hand saying "I'll do it~!"
so he actually HANDS HER THE TRASH BAG ,AND SHE GOES DOWN THE AISLE COLLECTING THE DRINK CUPS!!! I was cracking up..as were all the passengers around us. When she gets back to the front of the plane, he takes the bag from her, and asks everyone to "Give this young lady a round of applause...she's really helped me out!" K just thought that was the koolest thing yet! BWA HAAA HAAAA HAAA HAAA
So we land, get our bags (which we had a heck of a time finding...lol) and called B to pick us up.
We then went to lunch to celebrate his bday with the most enormous pieces of sushi I've EVER seen!!!! YUM!!

No comments: