Thursday, June 07, 2007

General Jackson Boat Cruise 6-6-07

Left the hotel on an open air transport shuttle, (like the ones you see in the movies on the back lots of MGM-lol)
Arrived at the General Jackson dock about 1130ish. There were TONS of us!! LOL
Our group took up all the seating for one show! The show was a fabulous and fun fiddle player/band named Tim Watson. He was fun, and could imitate Willie Nelson like it was the man himself! Way fun! He gave our group a shout out, and when we cheered and clapped he said we sounded like mostly women....he says "Now I know they don't have all you beautiful women working at a rental company...so let me ask you..how many of you have HUSBANDS that work at ##?" we clap and cheer, He says "YUP< That's what I thought, cuz when I go in there to rent a tiller the guy says "Yup, we got onnna them...(scratchin his belly)..come on out back...(turns around, and scratches his butt, leads the way...)" Course, we was actin all this out at the time, and he has a very strong southern accent so it was just hilarious.
But, that man could seriously play the fiddle!!
I took a few pix, once the show was over, we were sent upstairs to the outside seating so the second show could start. It was HOT, and well, after the first hour of sitting there counting turtles, (I stopped after I hit 40) it was kinda boring..lol I don't do sitting still with nothing to do, very well...grin
I did meet several nice ladies, Vira from Texas (I think), Lori from Mississippi, and a couple of other gals I cant' remember their names. Once nice tiny little lady (Shannon) (who was pg and doing SO well in the heat! LOL) helped me find my way back to my room when we got back...I was completely turned around....lol ended up in the wrong wing, then went down the wrong hall (twice!) lol I did get there in the end tho! Then I pretty much collapsed on the bed...it was SO hot out! We returned from the boat after 3:00. So I figure we sat outside watching the world drift by for about 2 hours...in 92 degrees, bright sunshine...lol I was lucky to have a seat in the shade, but I didn't get up the entire time, or I would not have kept that seat...smile
I kept thinking how much K would have enjoyed this trip, and how bored E would have been...LOL

pix:

No comments: